What is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?
It is a martial art that began in Japan and migrated to Brazil where it was modified by the famous Gracie family. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu promotes the concept that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend themselves against a larger, stronger assailant by utilizing leverage, technique, and control. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is known for takedowns and submissions as well as camaraderie. Beyond the techniques, we teach Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as a lifestyle…a lifestyle focused on self-improvement, healthy living, helping others, and enjoying life to the fullest.
How is the Infinity Jiu-Jitsu program unique?
Everyone trains Jiu-Jitsu for different reasons and our members come from various walks of life. The Infinity Jiu-Jitsu program offers a dynamic and fun way for people to enhance their lives. However, what truly distinguishes our program lies in how it is taught. We utilize an extremely structured, progressional, easy to learn, and effective curriculum. Professor Schuster leverages his background in education, 30-plus years of martial art experience, and unique creativity in order to maintain a welcoming training environment with high-energy and positive reinforcement. Class sessions focus on technical precision and practical effectiveness along with intentional character building. Our over-arching philosophy and approach allow students to build their Jiu-Jitsu knowledge and ability in a faster and more solidified manner.
- Fun - Who doesn’t like learning super-cool moves, hitting a sweet submission technique, and having fun with friends? Throughout the class we want to see the students sweating and smiling.
- Work Ethic/Pursuit of Excellence - We challenge, stretch, and encourage our students to reach new levels of achievement. We instill in students the appreciation for a strong work ethic so they approach life doing their very best and exceeding expectations (as opposed to just doing enough to get by).
- Focus - Our Jiu-Jitsu program teaches students how to prepare for and focus on the task at hand in order to perform well. Numerous parents have shared with us how our program has helped their child with their ADD/ADHD challenges.
- Goal Setting and Achievement - A big part of life is setting and achieving short and long term goals. By utilizing this process, students gain confidence by leveraging the experience of prior challenges in order to achieve new heights.
- Self-Defense - While the benfits of Jiu-Jitsu are numerous, the original intent was self-defense. Our students learn confidence, skills, and awareness to protect themselves and stand up for others.
Kid-Jitsu (ages 7-12)
Kid-Jitsu students learn practical self-defense through purpose-oriented games, creative drills, and live rolling/sparring. We also focus on character building so students can achieve greater success in all aspects of their lives. Classes are high-energy, challenging, filled with positive reinforcement, and absolutely FUN-tastic!
Common reasons why parents enroll their child in our Kid-Jitsu program:
- Attention and focus: We work with students that have ADD/ADHD and other challenges.
- Respect: We teach students to have respect for themselves, others, and the world around them.
- Healthy lifestyle: Jiu-Jitsu encourages healthy habits, on and off the mat.
- Self-defense: Jiu-Jitsu is a practical self-defense system, so students can protect themselves and stand up for others.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (high school-adult)
Learn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in a structured, easy to learn, safe, and fun way! Our classes allow for a proper warm-up, technique work, question and answer time, and live rolling/sparring where you can apply what you’ve learned. Quality of curriculum and instruction is vital, which is why we are part of the legendary Rickson Gracie lineage. We have a structured and transparent curriculum, so you know exactly what is required for rank promotion at every level. Safety and trust are paramount in Jiu-Jitsu, so we pride ourselves on our family environment comprised of awesome individuals (knuckleheads not welcome). Get started on an awesome journey today!
“I’m on fire! This is exactly what I need in my life!”
~new student after his first class
What’s stopping you?
When people find out that we teach martial arts, we commonly hear things like; “I’m out of shape”, “I’m not flexible”, and “I’ve never done it before.” We totally understand, and that is exactly why you would start martial arts training!!
Not in shape? Jiu-Jitsu promotes a healthy life style…one of our students has already lost 40 pounds!
Not flexible? No problem! Jiu-Jitsu training builds flexibility and strength. It is a marathon, not a sprint, so we take it one class at a time.
No prior experience? Most of our students come to us with no previous training, and it is awesome to see how much they progress in a short amount of time.
“I’ve trained at four other Jiu-Jitsu schools prior to training with Professor Schuster and you never knew when promotions were going to happen or what you needed to work on. And when promotions did occur, you never knew why. At Infinity Martial Arts, you know exactly what you need to know, what you’re doing well, and what you need to improve.”
~nine-year Jiu-Jitsu practitioner
“We wanted to express our appreciation to Professor Schuster for such a great Jiu-Jitsu program. Glad to be part of such a wonderful team with great people. A true family.”
~Jiu-Jitsu blue belt and fellow students
Jiu-Jitu program information
- Uniform (gi)
- Compression shirt (tech-like shirt to wear under uniform top)
- Flip-flops (optional): Flip-flops/shoes are required anytime you step off the mats
In Jiu-Jitsu there are four stripe promotions (earned one at a time) before moving to the next color belt. At Infinity Martial Arts, we test for stripe and belt promotions…and our students/parents find significant value in the testing process. We utilize a structured curriculum, with technique requirements for each promotion. We are very transparent about what is required to advance in rank, so each student knows exactly what to focus on in order to improve to the next level.
- Kid-Jitsu: white, yellow, orange, green
- Teen/Adult: white, blue, purple, brown, and black
Visit our YouTube channel, which has videos for several basic techniques.
Our number one priority as instructors is the safety of our students (physical and emotional). The only way students can learn is when they are in a physically and emotionally safe environment.
- We have very strict hygiene protocols such as: not wearing shoes on mats, mats are disinfected everyday, wearing clean uniforms, etc.
- Techniques are performed in a controlled and safe manner to prevent injuries and keep all of our training partners on the mats.
- We use positive reinforcement to make corrections as opposed to yelling or intimidation. Martial arts looks to build people up, not tear them down.
- A clean and dry uniform and belt is to be worn in each class session.
- No jewelry
- Hair pulled back
- Smiles are always encouraged